Can you tell me more about the Food Handler final exam?
The final exam has 50 multiple choice questions and a 60-minute time limit. A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the exam.
The final exam requires proctoring. A Proctor is a person who remotely observes while you complete the exam. We have proctors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing you to complete the exam at any time that suits you.
Before starting your exam, the Proctor will need to confirm your identity. To verify your identity, you will need to follow the two steps below:
- Provide valid government-issued photo ID. The ID can be from any country, some examples are, driver’s licence, passport, health card, student card or citizenship. (For underage learners, student ID will be accepted).
- The Proctor will take your photo. The photo will match the picture on the government-issued photo ID you have provided.
Once your identity is validated, you can begin the exam.
You have unlimited attempts to write the exam during the 30 day enrolment period, unless you are suspected of cheating. If you are found to have cheated in your exam then you will be removed from the course and will need to re-enrol and pay for a new course.
To avoid accusations of cheating, never do the following immediately before or during your exam:
- Have your mobile device, tablet or additional laptop or computer with you or within your reach.
- Have any paper or notebooks open or accessible, or take notes or screenshots.
- Interact with or be within close proximity of friends, family or coworkers.
- Open additional browser windows or have your computer or laptop on split or multiple screen modes.
- Have any instant messaging apps open (example: Slack or Google Hangouts).
- Leave or turn away from your computer (try to keep your gaze on the screen and keyboard only).
- Wear headphones or any earpiece.
Once you’ve passed the exam, you can request your certificate to be emailed immediately. Most students receive their certificate within 60 minutes of completing the exam.