Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions with the Canadian Institute of Food Safety's Frequently Asked Questions section.

Is my Food Handler Certificate accepted in every Canadian Province?

The CIFS Food Handler Certification course is approved and accepted by all provinces and territories in Canada.

Whether you need Food Handler training to start a restaurant in Toronto, to work at a hotel in Vancouver or to volunteer at a soup kitchen in Winnipeg, you can register for the CIFS Food Handler Certification Course.

The course is available online, so you can take it anywhere at a time that suits you best and be sure that your certificate will be accepted throughout Canada.